Inch by Inch: Finding a Home within My Skin (Book/CD)
This book is not intended to be a “rags to riches” or “failure to success” story. Rather, it is a chronicle of a painful and agonisingly slow journey …
Inch by Inch tells the story of one woman’s 50-year struggle to feel at home within her body.
Tipping the scales at 200kg, she was fast grinding to a halt, immobilised by the labour of living.
From a very early age, Monique Lisbon learned the feeling of being trapped in a hostile, unsafe and powerless body. She was taught through childhood sexual abuse that her body did not belong to her, and could not be trusted.
What followed were many years of attempting to flee from her body through self-denial, dissociation, fads, and intensive and unsustainable changes in lifestyle …
But she could never truly escape herself – and it was counter-productive to try.
Losing two-thirds of her body – inch by inch – was an onerous, but increasingly energising, process. Gaining freedom, self-respect, mobility, health, a lightness of being – even joy – took even more commitment.
This book tells the story of that courageous journey.
Inch by Inch is the third title in Monique Lisbon’s story of healing, and follows on from her previous two books/CDs:
- Fragments of Home: Piecing Life Together after Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Keeping Mum: The Silent Cost of Surviving Childhood Sexual Abuse
Includes full-length CD of songs by Monique Lisbon.
Purchase the book
- Coming soon: Purchase Inch by Inch in the Living Hope Resources online shop.
- This book will also be available for purchase as part of a boxed set the books/CDs of Fragments of Home: Piecing Life Together after Childhood Sexual Abuse and Keeping Mum: The Silent Cost of Surviving Childhood Sexual Abuse.
- Please let us know if you would us to advise you when the book is available for purchase.
- Coming soon